Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture not deleting all pictures when removing library?

Hello,

maybe someone can help me with this.

I've recently bought Aperture (v3.2) and imported my iPhoto library. As I haven't done more than just the import and Apple now released Aperture v3.3 und introduced the unified library for iPhoto and Aperture, I deleted the in Aperture imported library (deleted it in Aperture, then emptied Aperture's Trash). When I look in the Pictures folder, the imported library directory is gone but there is still, for each event I have in iPhoto, a directory containing pictures and the iPhoto library is, of course, still there. So my pictures are still two times on the hard drive. As this takes up much hard disk space (about 2x 65Gb), I'd like to get rid of the 'per event directories' and just keep the iPhoto library. Can I savely remove these directories? If yes, is it save to do this from within the Finder or must it be done from within Aperture?

Kind regards,

emeu1

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 11:12 PM

1 reply

Jun 15, 2012 7:12 PM in response to emeu1

If your iPhoto Library works, and is complete, and you have done nothing in Aperture that wish to keep, just delete the Aperture Library, upgrade iPhoto and Aperture, and then you can open the Library in either Aperture or iPhoto.

Important: how did you import? You'll have to find out where your "Originals" now are, and make sure that you don't delete them.

Aperture not deleting all pictures when removing library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.