Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i restore my new computer with the back-up from my previous?

how do i install my recent back-up of my old air to my new?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 4:50 AM

4 replies

Jun 15, 2012 4:07 PM in response to Pondini

Pondini wrote:

It's much better to use Setup Assistant ........

This is amongst the greatest of understatements that can be made. I made the "mistake" of using "Migration Assistant", once....and only once. I credit you, Mr. Pond, for creating a greater awareness of the importance and advantages of Setup Assistant, over anyone else. I think more people reference your articles on the subject than even anything that Apple has created on the subject.

Setup Assistant does everthing you need to make a butter smooth transition from an old Mac to a new one. I feel sorry for those that miss the chance to do it because they are unaware of the consequences when they bypass the opportunity.

Jun 15, 2012 4:22 PM in response to SP Forsythe

Thanks very much. 🙂

It's so irritating that Apple ignores all requests to reword the page that comes up on a new Mac, implying that using Migration Assistant is just as good (a bit hard to read on the photo, it says "you can transfer information later using Migration Assistant").

User uploaded file

Additional comments at http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html might help . . .

how do i restore my new computer with the back-up from my previous?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.