Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much data does Waze use? ...

I realize that's a generic/vague question. ;-)

But I mean relative to other apps. My wife normally uses very little data on her iPhone 4. But lately she has been using several hundred MBs at a time and I can't quite figure out why.

She doesn't do much streaming whatsoever. But she has begun using the Waze navigation app which she loves.

Any idea how much data the app pushes per minute/hour/whatever?

Thanks very much in advance,

Chris

iPhone 4S, iOS 5

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 6:11 AM

Those are probably just keepalives on the network or maybe broadcast messages. By just looking at it, it looks like only a few MB of consumption. User uploaded file

3 replies

Jul 4, 2012 9:40 AM in response to christopherfromlima

Same question here. My daughter hardly used any data on her iPhone, but, after using Waze for a couple months all of a sudden her data usage soared. We made an appointment with a genius and he suggested Waze. Turns off cell data and only turns it on when she needs Waze for navigation, but even then she's still using a lot of data.

Is there any way to figure out for sure if it's Waze or if there is some other app using all this data?

Jan 10, 2014 3:28 AM in response to christopherfromlima

I use Waze for more than two years for nearly every day. I use it when drive to work and back (that is around 50 kms per day at least). I receive all notifications but from just 5km's around me and each ride I post some traffic jams etc. If you have actualised maps around you, it don't eat much of data. What I see now in my phone is 9,9 MB since 24th December. So it may can have about 20 MB per month... Those are really good invested 20MB!

How much data does Waze use? ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.