Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers export to PDF format issue

Hope that someone can help me with this issue as I have spent lots of time on it to no avail.

When exporting a spreadsheet to pdf and emailing, the spreadsheet, whilst in the preview is well with in the page borders, becomes chopped up and spread over two pages. It is the right hand side that is chopped and put on a second page.

I have deleted Numbers and reinstalled... no good.

The only way around it is to export to iWork.com, however, that service is shutting down at the end of next month.

It seems to be an issue with converting the document as a similar conversion happens on iWork.com, ie. it asks what format, then converts.

Is anyone experiencing this?

Is there anyway to sort it out.

Thanks.

p.s. This behavior is happening on both iPad and iPhone with latest iOSs.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 11:33 AM

Yes, I am experiencing this as well. Frustrating. I think it's a bug.

I may have found something that works, just now. I went into the spreadsheet in Numbers and chose "Share and Print" then "Print." In that print preview pane, you have the ability to select portrait or landscape, zoom %, and (!!!) an Auto Fit button. I just hit the Auto Fit button, then tapped Done in the top right. When I then "Share and Print" then "Email Spreadsheet" it comes across correctly (not broken into multiple pages.) If someone could give it a try and report back success or failure, that'd be great.

Message was edited by: jnscolo

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2012 11:33 AM in response to Zero-Point

Yes, I am experiencing this as well. Frustrating. I think it's a bug.

I may have found something that works, just now. I went into the spreadsheet in Numbers and chose "Share and Print" then "Print." In that print preview pane, you have the ability to select portrait or landscape, zoom %, and (!!!) an Auto Fit button. I just hit the Auto Fit button, then tapped Done in the top right. When I then "Share and Print" then "Email Spreadsheet" it comes across correctly (not broken into multiple pages.) If someone could give it a try and report back success or failure, that'd be great.

Message was edited by: jnscolo

Numbers export to PDF format issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.