Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes freezing after latest update 10.6.3

Yesterday, iTunes installed an update to 10.6.3, and since then freezes less than a minute after launch. The beachball just spins and iTunes is completely unresponsive. It is usually downloading a new podcast at the time, but that is simply because that's the first thing iTunes does if I'm not syncing.

I tried restarting.

I tried restarting in Safe Mode.

I tried restarting without anything connected to any ports.

I tried uninstalling iTunes, restarting, installing a new download from apple website, and restarting again.

I'm not sure what to do next....

Everything was working fine up the the moment the upgrade finished.

I'm running a fairly new Macbook Air running OSX 10.7.4 with all software updated.

Thanks for any help!

MacBook Air (13-INCH, MID 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 8:58 AM

4 replies

Jun 22, 2012 2:10 AM in response to kdiamond6

Hi,

I'm having similar issues. When open iTunes, I now wait a couple minute before trying to sync iPad or iPod, or add or delete files.

iTunes appears to doing something in the background and usually lasts 2 or 3 minutes. This background active occurs when I have updated iTunes match, the deleting files I want to replace with the matched version.

This very annoying as it stops downloads until background work finished. There are also memory issues.

Has only happened since last update.

Jim

iTunes freezing after latest update 10.6.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.