Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does any model of the Verizon iPhone work in Europe?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 9:17 AM

That depends on what you mean by "work".

If you are a Verizon customer in good standing, you can either have them activate International roaming on the Verizon SIM in the 4S or ask them to unlock the SIM slot for International SIM cards. It still requires that you maintain Verizon service.

6 replies

Jun 15, 2012 2:53 PM in response to KiltedTim

My experience with their custome service has generally been good and the answers generally accurate. I know that they did change the requirement that phone roam on CDMA, if available. Apple added a switch to turn that off in 5.1. I don't know if that counts as "changing their story" or simply deciding it made for fewer unhappy customers.

The nice man in Global Support gave me a couple of disclaimers (only one unlock per number per year and Verizon would not be responsible for any customer/technical support while I was using a different SIM). The whole process was quick and painless.

Oct 14, 2014 3:57 PM in response to susan152

i I just got back from Europe. My iPad worked great in all wifi areas. iCloud was great to upload my photos to keep space available in my phone. I have a iPhone 5 that I activated the global plan through Verizon which was about 25$ per country when I used the phone function. Used the hotel wifi for all uploads and email functions. The iPhone 4 was great as a camera and for uploads and Internet surfing using wifi the phone did not have the gsm card. But all were great. Gone 5 weeks and no pronlems throughout Europe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.