Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i convert .mov to .mp4?

Hello again

I have made a large promo dvd for an upcoming seminar and the national organization would like to put it on its website.

I broke it down into chapters so that it is not one long cumbersome piece, and visitors can watch just the parts they need.

On our local website, I was able to share to media and then use iweb to upload them in an album.

However, the national webmaster uses a different web program so I need to create the chapters as self-contained movies for her to download first from our downlload site. She says that the .mov files hang up when she's downloading and wants them as mp4.

How can I convert them?

Thank you

Elizabeth

iMac 17, Mac OS X (10.6.7), DVDPro 4.2.1, FCP 6.0.5, Compressor 3.0.5

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 11:55 AM

Do you still have your iMovie Project? If so, my video tutorial should help.

5 replies

Jul 23, 2012 9:08 PM in response to Eliz B

Hey Eliz. I just read you post about how you had a long video and you cut it down into chapters. I have a 30 minute video on youtube of home movies that I want to cut down into small chapters. Is there any chance you could tell me how to do that? I've been asking all around and no one can give me any answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Eliz

Mike

Jan 10, 2013 8:20 PM in response to seed88

hello .... sorry it's taken me so long to return here ....

To separate it into chapters, I brought it into Final Cut pro, and marked the In and Out for one chapter, then exported just that selection.... as an mpeg4 (Quicktime conversion) . As one chapter was finished and exported (Self-contained movie) i moved the In and Out points to the next chapter, and continued along this way.

If you don't have Final Cut, then you should be able to do the same in iMovie: import the whole movie, then select the portion of the movie that belongs in one chapter, drag it to the timeline, edit as necessary (fades, etc) then export (Share) that chapter. Repeat for each portion of the movie you want to isolate. When you export/share, you can choose the option of size that you want it to be.

Hope this helps and that I'm not too late for you !!

how can i convert .mov to .mp4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.