Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change language in App Store

I am using App Store both on my pc through iTunes and on iPad. Recently, I have changed the country asociated to my ID as I have moved to a german speaking country and as I can see, all the information and description of every App is now displayed in German. There is no option to choose between languages and I would love to have that, as English is the language I read on computers for at least 15 years and I understand it better than German.

Please implement this!

Sincerely, Eduard

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 2:16 PM

4 replies

Jun 16, 2012 3:27 AM in response to eduardszekesi

Hi..

In the iTunes Store on your PC click the round flag icon bottom right corner of the iTunes window to change the country (language)

Be aware, for purchasing, your credit or debit card credentials must be associated with the same country where you reside.

"Although you can browse the iTunes Store in any country without being signed in, you can only purchase content from the iTunes Store for your own country. This is enforced via the billing address associated with your credit card or other payment method that you use with the iTunes Store, rather than your actual geographic location."

From here > The Complete Guide to Using the iTunes Store | iLounge Article

On the iPad tap Settings > General > International > Language

Jun 16, 2012 5:50 PM in response to eduardszekesi

Apple is not here. Apple does not answer questions or participate here. If you wish Apple to know of your suggestion give Apple feedback;

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

You cannot change the language for a particular store. Very few stores are available in more than one language. You can view an English speaking store using the other comment to change stores, however, not all apps are available in all stores. You will also need to change back to the store for the country in which you are living to make a purchase.

change language in App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.