Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! Strange email from apple

Hi! I've just received today an email from Apple that told me that they had send me a new Iphone..

I've asked for support in november 2011 because my home bottom had some several problems.

But the problem is that I've already received a new Iphone 4 in november at the same week that i ask for the support...

So what It mean this email that I received from apple today?!?!?

Also if I click to the link for seeing the current status of my shipping the result is that the product has been delivered!

So?!?! I dont'understand??

Did they send me another Iphone 4??

Thank you very much for the support!! 😉

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 3:00 PM

20 replies

Jun 15, 2012 3:16 PM in response to AlexisLee

1. Step 1 Request

November 9, 2011: Product received by service center
    Shipped via UPS with tracking number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  2. Step 2 Service

November 9, 2011: Service completed

Step 3 Return

June 15, 2012: Replacement product shipped
Shipped via UPS with tracking number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This is my status to my personal assistance page.....

Jun 15, 2012 3:18 PM in response to AlexisLee

This is the body of the email that I received

Your request for assistance has been completed and we sent a replacement product IPHONE 4 on 15.06.2012. The replacement product is sent via UPS, tracking number XXXXXXXXXXX, which should be activated within 24 hours. The delivery will take two working days (five working days if the product is an iPod or iPad, which has personalized engraving).

Serial number of the original product XXXXXXXXX

IMEI of the original product: 0123456789

Serial number of the replacement product: XXXXXXXXX

IMEI of the product replacement: 00123456789

Please save this e-mail to keep track of changing the serial number and IMEI number (if applicable) of its product, which occurred in response to this request for intervention.

Jun 15, 2012 3:23 PM in response to AlexisLee

Like I said. I wouldn' stress about it. I've seen that happen before. its a cross-issue with warehouse information and Apple database. If you are worried what you can do is call Apple Tech support and inform them that you recived this. They can look up your account and check their system for any replacement requests.

Help! Strange email from apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.