Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Assign/create actions for Aperture folder - possible?

Here's my scenario:

1. I shoot images, stack, rate, process, etc in Aperture
  2. For my website, I have two predefined sizes, one for landscape orientation and one for portrait. I flag the images I want to post and then add them to either the "Landscape" folder in Aperture or the "Portrait" folder
  3. I use EasyBatchPhoto to resize the images and optimize them for web usage. This requires two steps for each set of images: 1. select the approriate preset in EBP; 2. drop the images from their Aperture folder into EBP.
  4. EBP places the resized images in a folder called "Uploads" which I then use to upload images to the site, either through the web interface (if I'm using a few in a post) or via FTP client (currently FileZilla)

Reading through some other people's Automator/AppleScript digital image workflows, it seems like maybe I could make steps 2-4 automated? It'd be awesome if I dropped the images into the "Landscape" folder in Aperture, it resized, exported and uploaded them for me. Though I'm a fairly competent Mac user, I've never fooled with Automator, so I'm not sure what is possible and what is not.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Early 2008, 8-core

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 6:06 PM

3 replies

Jun 15, 2012 7:25 PM in response to tedweiser55

Let me ask as I am not familiar with the program, what does EasyBatchPhoto do for you that you couldn't do with an Aperture export preset?

How many images at a time do you do this workflow to? How often do you do this? If it's only a few images it might not be worth the effort to automate it.

Automator won't work on internal Aperture albums you would have to write an Applescript to automate any work inside Aperture.

One place that could be automated fairly easily is once EBP is done and it writes the file to a folder a folder action script could be used to take the images from this folder and do the upload. Other then that given the workflow you've described it's difficult to see where automation could be added. Of course if you were willing to modify the workflow it might be possible to add in some automation.

regards

Assign/create actions for Aperture folder - possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.