Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

backup iphoto

I want to copy my iphoto library to a thumbdrive.

I want my photos to stay organized into events like iphoto has them.

I tried exporting them to a folder on my desktop but they were individual unorganized photos. I have 1500 photos. I need to keep them organized into the same events iphoto has them.

Is this possible?

I don't want to creat a slide show. But from what I can read I may have to create albums from my events???

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 10:07 PM

Yes. If you transfer the iPhoto Library (in Pictures folder), you will keep all your photos and they will stay organized because all changes are saved there, but you said that it don't work, so try with iPhoto to Disk

5 replies

Jun 16, 2012 10:50 AM in response to LarryHN

I want to accomplish a quick backup for my photos and videos in iphoto.

I am not set up with an external hard drive yet.

I do not use icloud because I'm not comfortable with having my photos "out there".

I wanted to just put them all on a thumb drive until I got a chance to edit and sort them, then I will burn them to a dvd.

I normally save them on a thumbdrive. There are just so many I was looking to keep them sorted.

I will probably go back to saving them to a folder on desktop and then transfering that folder to the thumbdrive.

I have over 100 events and it is time consuming but works.

Thank you.

backup iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.