Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore my iPod, but retrieve everything (including photos, notes, music, apps) afterwards?

There is this awful and unfair internet(wifi)-blocking system set to my iPod and selected computers throughout the house (my mother is Asian) and I'd like to get rid of it on my iPod by restoring it (so I'll be able to hook onto the wifi later), but I also want to keep my data (music, photos, notes, apps, etc) so that I won't have to redownload and redo everything.

Do I just sync my iPod to iTunes and restore my iPod when it's not connected to the computer and then when it's been restored, I hook it back up to the computer and everything will go back into my iPod? Thank you so, so much!

(Sorry I know this isn't very clear; should you have any questions, please ask!! Once again, thank you!!) 🙂

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 10:08 PM

2 replies

Jun 16, 2012 9:50 AM in response to yongru

- Transfer iTunes purchases to computer by:

iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer

- Transfer other music by using a ghird-party program like one of those discussed here:

Copy music

- If you have synced photos you want to trasfer then yu need a program like TouchCopy or Phone Viiew. Those do music too but are paid programs

- Transfer photos/videos taken by or saved to the iPod to the computer by:

iOS: Importing personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

- Email the notes to yourself.

- Last, restore the iPod to factory defaulats/new iPod and sysnce yuor media to the iPod. An internet connection is required to restoring the iPod.

If you restore from backup you will just have the same problem.

How do I restore my iPod, but retrieve everything (including photos, notes, music, apps) afterwards?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.