Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using Automator

How to set stop itunes using automator

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 11:17 PM

6 replies

Jun 15, 2012 11:27 PM in response to Prashantmahant

hello. So you are asking to have itunes NOT automatically download to your book purchased from other devices? Open itunes> preferences, at top of box click on store and the top is automatic downloads and you can tell it to automatically download (or, if it is checked, you can stop it).

Next look at devices- to right of store: it has a box to check to prevent ipods and phones from sync'ing automatically....(and speaker control too)

I hope this helps.

Jun 15, 2012 11:49 PM in response to Prashantmahant

hello again. I googled up "play album then stop' and found a page where a person wanted it to stop without constant playing...the response was to make a "playlist"with just one album (or as few songs as you want) and play that to go to sleep...

IS that sort of what you wanted?

I admit I was jsut reading the discussions... I am not an iTune person... time.

Aug 20, 2012 2:04 PM in response to Prashantmahant

Just fire up Terminal and write

sleep AMOUNT OF SECONDS && osascript -e 'tell application "iTunes" to pause'

where AMOUNT OF SECONDS is replaced with the secs you want iTunes to play for. Like if I wanted iTunes to stop after a half an hour, i would write

sleep 1800 && osascript -e 'tell application "iTunes" to pause'

If you change your mind, just hit CTRL+C

using Automator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.