Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Front Row Remote

Hi I have an apple remote for my Mac and I wanted one for my iPod also. I know that you can use the remote for both, but I was wondering if there was like a "code" for the iPod Video dock so that I could use a regular remote and not the apple remote.

Mac Mac OS X (10.4.5)

Posted on Mar 14, 2006 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2006 4:15 PM

nope, sorry one apple remote works for all. i was in a apple store once and pushed the play botton on the apple remote and all the macs with front row started to play a song and also all the ipod hifi's and even the ipod docks with the speackers connected to them.

sorry
5 replies

Mar 17, 2006 4:04 PM in response to i Want To Get A Macbook Pro!!

This is incorrect. The MacBook Pro manual tells how to pair the remote with the computer so it is only controlled by that remote. You can even see the option for pairing (greyout if it hasn't been paired) in the Security preferences panel. I'm at work now, but I think it was something like holding the menu and forward button down at the same time for 5 seconds.

nope, sorry one apple remote works for all. i was in
a apple store once and pushed the play botton on the
apple remote and all the macs with front row started
to play a song and also all the ipod hifi's and even
the ipod docks with the speackers connected to them.

sorry

Mar 18, 2006 1:38 PM in response to Brian Caslis

Just to back what Brian said;
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302545
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302782

If the remote in the store controlled multiple computers it means that the image used to restore the computers is already paired (Apple store display computers are have their hard-drives restored every night).

Matt

Apple Front Row Remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.