Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing Netflix (UK) whilst abroad.

I have searched the discussions without much success.

I would like to be able to access Netflix directly from my Apple TV. I have a wireless router and an Apple iPad. I also currently access UK only sites using a VPN.

I do not think my router is particularly top-range, but I presume there needs to be a way to get my Apple TV to make the router talk to Netflix UK believing it is not abroad. Or set up my Apple TV to convince Netflix that it is in the UK when it is not.

I have read about "DNS". Could I just put in some specific numbers into the Network area in the set up on my Apple TV?

I spoke to Netflix and they say they cannot help, it goes on, they will not stop it, but try Googling the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

AppleTV 2, Apple TV Sotware: 5.0.2 (4250)

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 2:33 AM

2 replies

Accessing Netflix (UK) whilst abroad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.