Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes match tracks different volumes from the same album

Using iTunes Match. Among other reported problems, after downloading Matched tracks to my master iTunes library to replace lower bitrate versions, the new tracks from the same album have different loudness or volumes between the tracks. Is this because iTunes Match is matching the songs to different versions of the same album? Where some albums have been 'remastered' or such, that the recorded volume between the albums is different? But instead of matching tracks to the same version of the album, some are being matched to different versions of the same album?

Quite offputting to listen to a single album where track to track loudness changes suddenly.

PS, I'm not using SoundCheck on my Mac.

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.4), 8GB RAM

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 3:46 AM

2 replies

Jul 14, 2012 5:09 PM in response to Craig Avan

Same problem here. I'm an "album" kind of music fan and when I'm listening matched albums that the sound quality and voulme changes I get really put off. Case in point B-52's self-titled album: tracks 1,2, 5 & 7, nice and loud; 3, 4, 6, 8 & 9 tiny sounding in comparison...Hello? So far iTunes Match is not worth my money. I'd like to hear form an Apple iTunes Match repersentative to know if this issue will be resolved. As it is, is not very useful. Please fix the problem. Also many of my albums show that a track or a few will not be matched but uploaded to the cloud which means more of my albums will be spotty sounding as tracks will have different bit rate, etc. There is no real excuse for not matching whole albums as oppose to single songs. I read somwhere the 'typical" case of the Beatles "Abbay Road" album not matching "She Came In Through The Bathroom Window" on most users. I think is silly to say the less. Albums matching not single songs, please!!!

iTunes match tracks different volumes from the same album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.