Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I tell if I have selected one or multiple colour labels in the filter

When I am working with smart albums and "colour labels is", I can see how I can switch on and off the no label button.

However when I select a colour, the appropriate action occurs, ie in tests, I can see only yellow flagger pictures are selected, but the radio button does not appear to show that is is selected or not. ie it does not light up, or appear to be depressed etc.

I know I must be missing something here as nobody else seems to have this issue!!

Also, if I can ask two questions in one post, what is the difference at the top of the smart album search between all of the following that match or any of the following that match, does it mean it matches all or any of the criteria?

Many thanks in advance

Phil

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 4:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 5:48 AM

User uploaded file User uploaded file

Phil,

the buttons do not lighten up when selected, or appear depressed, they will be framed by a light grey border. You need to turn on all the contrast you can get from your display to be able to see that. In the above pictures the orange, yellow, and blue buttons are selected.

Also, if I can ask two questions in one post, what is the difference at the top of the smart album search between all of the following that match or any of the following that match, does it mean it matches all or any of the criteria?

Many thanks in advance

Any of the following that match will find /include all images that match any of the rules, as the name says. So if you have a rule "color label is yellow" and "rating is *****", combined with "any", then your album will contain any images tat either have a yellow label or are rated *****.

If you combine with "all", than that narrows the search. The alum will only contain images that match both rules at the same time.

Regards

Léonie

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2012 5:48 AM in response to philg1824

User uploaded file User uploaded file

Phil,

the buttons do not lighten up when selected, or appear depressed, they will be framed by a light grey border. You need to turn on all the contrast you can get from your display to be able to see that. In the above pictures the orange, yellow, and blue buttons are selected.

Many thanks in advance

Any of the following that match will find /include all images that match any of the rules, as the name says. So if you have a rule "color label is yellow" and "rating is *****", combined with "any", then your album will contain any images tat either have a yellow label or are rated *****.

If you combine with "all", than that narrows the search. The alum will only contain images that match both rules at the same time.

Regards

Léonie

How can I tell if I have selected one or multiple colour labels in the filter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.