Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleCare Registration

Hi guys! I've bought an 27" iMac (max specs, yay! 🙂 ) less than an year ago, along with an AppleCare plan and am very happy with the product so far. The problem is that I seem to be unable to register my AppleCare plan online as I'm gettting the following message:

We're sorry, but there are no AppleCare products available for your location.

Probably worth noting I live in Romania, and have made the purchase through http://hot24.at (Austria), authorized Apple reseller. Should I supply a different region / address and try to register it that way? At no point was there any warning or notification stating that the Apple Care service was unavailable for activation in Romania. Since there are no apple stores in the country (only authorized resellers) I wouldn't have any place to take it into repairs should the need arise, so mail would be the only option, which is fine - not a problem. Still, I'd feel a lot better with the Apple Care plan activated for the extended warranty, no point in wasting the purchase.

That said, I'm starting to notice those dreaded darker areas on the screen as if there's dust blown diagonally behind the glass (odd, since there's barely any dust in the room and no smoking), but it's not noticeable during actual use. I'm fine with it for now, but should it get worse I'd rather be safe than sorry. As it stands it's not a problem for the moment, but warranty will be out in a few months and would like to be covered with the extra 3 years that AppleCare provides, since I bought both products from official sources.

Cheers'

P.S: As a side note, I remember there was a lot of buzz about problems with iMac screens when the first production batches of the 27" version came out. Some recalls where made and Apple eventually sorted it out, or so they say. Since this is a latest generation iMac, shouldn't this issue be resolved by now? It would be pretty sad if it turns out it's a ventilation design flaw to an otherwise great machine, especially a $3500 machine (prices here are ...yeah).

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 6:51 AM

2 replies

AppleCare Registration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.