Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my itunes won't close on my windows 7 64bit pc

i'm not running any IM programs, and i've run the diagnostic and everything is fine. i didn't start having this problem until i updated my itunes, and now it won't stay closed unless i restart my pc. HELP ME PLS this is very annoying!

Windows 7

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 8:17 AM

7 replies

Aug 4, 2012 3:11 AM in response to jmdaman3276

I have the same problem. It was fine before the update. The iTunes does not close at all, it is not that I close and starts again, it just doesn't close.

I also tried to put a CD and it won't even read it. I have to play my CDs with Windows Media Player isntead because iTunes won't read them.

It was perfect before the update. That update really *****. It even moved some of my music out of order to a higher directory and I had to spend like half of hour reorganizing my music back to the way it was.

This is an Apple problem, because it was just fine before the update. If you are going to put an update out, then do it right, test it first, don't just put it out and mess with people.

Aug 30, 2012 8:54 PM in response to stratogustav

I have the same problem on 10.6.3.25 on an x64 Windows 7 box.

I have created a command file which kills all the iTunes processes, and then restarts a couple of them. This allows iTunes to be "closed", and then restarted without a complete reboot.

You have to run this as Administrator (elevated command prompt). It kills the iTunes process, and the other processes that iTunes spawns. It also stops the Services that iTunes depends on, and restarts the ones that are automatic.

taskkill /im itunes.exe /F

taskkill /im APSDaemon.exe /F

taskkill /im distnote.exe /F

taskkill /im syncserver.exe /F

net stop "Apple Mobile Device"

net stop "Bonjour Service"

net stop "iPod Service"

net start "Apple Mobile Device"

net start "Bonjour Service"

Jul 11, 2014 11:17 AM in response to Keif88

Keif88, I hope you're still monitoring this thread - I realise it's almost two years old - but I just wanted to let you know that you ROCK! 🙂

My iTunes has been locking up - and staying locked up until I reboot - for a long time now. I've searched all over the interweb, but somehow your solution has eluded me till now. Anyway, just wanted to say that it works! Kudos, and thanks very much!

Salutations,

-Paul

my itunes won't close on my windows 7 64bit pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.