Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers - "Open Recent" not working.

Whenever I select "Open Recent" when launching Numbers the list is empty. If I go to "Open Existing File" the most recently worked upon file is in the list and can be launched from there.

I have used AppZapper to delete all of the iWork applications following which I did an install and an update to the latest versions. This didn't help.

I am running on OS X 10.7.4.

Thoughts and suggestions will be most appreciated!

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 12:04 PM

James,

Check that your System Preferences > General > Number of recent Items: > Documents is set to a number other than None. Setting that preference to none will empty your Recent History and you will have to start over to build up a "recent" list.

5 replies

Jun 24, 2012 2:48 AM in response to James_L. Ryan

Before I went to the Apple store genius bar I made a bootable backup so that if necessary I could restore things to where they were prior to my visit. The genius I saw decided that the cure to my problem was to completely erase the entirety of my preferences. This did cure the problem but left me with the task of rebuilding numerous preferences, a task that would likely have taken untold hours. So I decided to use the backup to restore my computer to as it was prior to my genius encounter. This is the only time I have had a visit to a genius bar that resulted in a failed and unfortunate result.

Jun 24, 2012 9:01 AM in response to James_L. Ryan

My experience with Apple Genius folks has always been positive - they've known the right tweaks at the right moment, but your cautious approach is certainly good advice - you never know when things will take an odd turn.

Making a backup is always a smart move, especially for those unforseen moments. Glad things worked out in the end.

Numbers - "Open Recent" not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.