Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what to do when osversion is not supported for software of Brother Printer MFC J430W

Bought a MFC J430W digital Printer- Scanner,when trying to download the software an error popup says os version not supported.Gone to Brother site and downloaded equivelant but still doesn't appear in S/preferences. Box and instructions say it is compatible, how can I solve my problem?

Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 9:31 AM

4 replies

Jun 16, 2012 9:43 AM in response to dorothyfromgold coast

dorothyfromgold coast wrote:

Bought a MFC J430W digital Printer- Scanner,when trying to download the software an error popup says os version not supported.Gone to Brother site and downloaded equivelant but still doesn't appear in S/preferences. Box and instructions say it is compatible, how can I solve my problem?

The software you require is here, and you can get the manual here. If you are unsure how to install the software I recommend reading the manual.

what to do when osversion is not supported for software of Brother Printer MFC J430W

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.