Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are some apps only available in certain coutries? Its really ticking my off and I'm doing my best not to swear. Why are apple so restrictive?

I want an app that is not available in my country. Why are you so restrictive? Don't you want my cash?

Ticked Off

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 1:21 PM

I sent an email to the app developer...

"I really want the xxxxxxx app on my iphone but am finding Apple very restrictive as they don't allow my country to have it. Will you guys be seeing the light soon and coming to Android?"

To which the reply was...

"Yes, we realize this issue with Apple and are not pleased either! We are trying to find ways around it, but for the time being we have to abide by the restrictions. We are in the early stages of getting approval for an Android version"

Still ticked off.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2012 1:21 PM in response to really_ticked_off

I sent an email to the app developer...

"I really want the xxxxxxx app on my iphone but am finding Apple very restrictive as they don't allow my country to have it. Will you guys be seeing the light soon and coming to Android?"

To which the reply was...

"Yes, we realize this issue with Apple and are not pleased either! We are trying to find ways around it, but for the time being we have to abide by the restrictions. We are in the early stages of getting approval for an Android version"

Still ticked off.

Jun 16, 2012 10:30 AM in response to really_ticked_off

You are not speaking to Apple here - just to other users like yourself.

Before getting "ticked off" at Apple, you should do a little research first.

Apple does not restrict the sale of certain apps in certain countries. The developers of the apps choose where to sell their apps. If a developer does not want to sell their app in your country (or there is some legal reason for why they can't) Apple cannot force them to.

You should contact the developer of the apps you want and ask them to make them available in your country. And ask nicely - not in your "ticked off" frame of mind.

Jun 21, 2012 7:15 AM in response to really_ticked_off

The app developer didn't tell you what the issue was? It's difficult to judge then. You are also not telling us which app so we can't even have a look at it to see if we can see any reason why there might be problems. We don't know in which country you are located. Oh, it could "be Apple" but we have no background information. If licensing an app in a country is particularly onerous then a retailer (in this case Apple) may just decide it isn't worth the trouble.

Why are some apps only available in certain coutries? Its really ticking my off and I'm doing my best not to swear. Why are apple so restrictive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.