Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please please help - mobileme to iCloud??, Please please help - mobileme to iCloud??

I have 10.6.8, really don't want to have to pay to upgrade. What will happen to my Mail when MobileMe disappears at the end of June? Will I lose it all if I haven't moved to iCloud? I use my MobileMe account on my laptop and also on my iPhone.

And am I right in thinking I can't get iCloud unless I upgrade to Lion 10.7.2?

Please can someone tell me what is going on - I can't understand and I am panicking.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 12:41 PM

9 replies

Jun 16, 2012 12:48 PM in response to convertedluddite

No, Lion is $30.00. Or if you wait until next month when Mountain Lion is scheduled to be released it will only cost $20.00 to upgrade from Snow Leopard.

Meanwhile you need to download any files you keep on your MM account and/or iDisk to your computer before the end of this month.

You can still sync your iPhone to iTunes through the computer just like you would if you had no MM account.

Jun 16, 2012 12:57 PM in response to Kappy

Can't wait till Mountain Lion comes out next month though can I, because then MobileMe will have gone?

I use my Mail account for so much filing and storage of important messages going back to 2003. I have no way of backing all this up (no external hard drive, too much to fit on cds).

If I do nothing and don't pay to upgrade then presumably all my Mail will disappear from my iPhone when MM disappears next month?

Having bought a new MacBook and an iPhone last year as an investment and because I thought the system worked well, I am so cross to have to be faffing around upgrading -- Apple should be either allowing MM to continue for those who can't afford Lion, or should be offering a free upgrade.

I also find the later operating systems far less intuitive than earlier systems and resent having to upgrade at all.

iPhoto used to be far better several years ago.

I feel like the Apple company I committed to in 2000 has disappeared.

Please please help - mobileme to iCloud??, Please please help - mobileme to iCloud??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.