Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Widgets: review clutters

Hey there,

I'm working on an german book with some review-widgets. They looks like this in iBooks Author:

User uploaded file

But they looks like this in iBooks on my iPad:

User uploaded file

Any ideas?

--Alex

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 12:30 PM

3 replies

Jun 16, 2012 10:44 PM in response to K T

I tried Arial, Georgia und TimesNewRoman in different sizes.

Don't using an image results in the same text-clutter with a blurred placeholder.

The book is landscape only.

I tried an all new book with the first simple template from Apple: the same reslut. The width of text in iBooks Author issnt the same as in iBooks on the iPad.

Jul 29, 2015 4:32 PM in response to AFillbrandt

I am experiencing the same problem. My review widgets are formatted similar to yours, multiple choices on the left and a graphic on the right. They worked perfectly before I upgraded my iOS to 8.4. So I believe the problem is embedded in either iOS 8.4 or the version of iBooks that comes with iOS 8.4. Unfortunately, I haven't found a solution yet. Tried reducing the size of the graphic, but this had no effect. BTW, I'm excited to learn that my interactive books will now work on the new iPhone 6 family, alas with the same rendering problems in my Review widgets. C'mon, Apple, please get this fixed - you had it working perfectly in previous iBook versions.

Screenshot from iBooks Author

User uploaded file

Screenshot from iPad Mini (Gen 1) and iOS 8.4

User uploaded file

Widgets: review clutters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.