5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2012 10:30 PM by HACKINT0SH
rupa13 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have an Imac connected to a Time capsule. We also own a windorìws laptop on which i have installed Bonjour to have the Canon Mg5150 connected. The system was working well, but after a few changes made with teh Apple assitance, (I could not see Internet from the Windows laptop, now I can print correctly frpm this one, but when printing fron The Mac (connected to the printer via TC) it takes ages to start a print ( 10 minutes!). Could somenone explain me why? I have re-dwnloaded the latest driver fotr the printer.

Thanks

Ruggero

Time Capsule 802.11n (4th Gen), Mac OS X (10.7.4)
  • 1. Re: slow printer
    LaPastenague Level 8 Level 8 (35,380 points)

Is the Mac connected by wireless? Try using ethernet.

Copy a file the TC.. is that also extremely slow?

Reboot the TC.. does it now speed up for a while?

It is so strange we need a bit more info and testing from you.

• 2. Re: slow printer
    HACKINT0SH Level 5 Level 5 (5,755 points)

Hmm, you could reset the printing system, and re-add the printer in the system preferences.

• 3. Re: slow printer
    rupa13 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi and thanks to all of you.

For La Pastenague: the Mac is comnnected to Time capsule and the printer is connected as well to TC. i have rebooted TC without any change.

For Hackintosh: i have reset the printing system and re-added the printer. Still very slow (5 minutes for a Black and white word page!

I have also changed the usb cable unsuccessfully.I wonder if the computer is using a wrong driver, but I cannot find where the drivers are.

Regards

Ruggero

• 4. Re: slow printer
    LaPastenague Level 8 Level 8 (35,380 points)

I have also changed the usb cable unsuccessfully.I wonder if the computer is using a wrong driver, but I cannot find where the drivers are.

Regards

Ruggero

It is possible..

But that means you didn't follow Hacks advice completely.. completely delete the printer from the computer. Download the latest drivers for that printer and reinstall it.

• 5. Re: slow printer
    HACKINT0SH Level 5 Level 5 (5,755 points)

Can you try to log into another account, and print from there to see if we get the same results?