Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Case-Sensitive box appears when trying to install, how can I make it go away?

when installing (just about anything) some games, a box appears when installing saying something like " cannot install on case-sensitive yadda yadda" how can I make this go away? I am currently using an iBook G4 running OS X 10.5.8. 1.42 gHz processor, 60GB HDD, 1GB RAM. someone help!

Alex

iBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 1:48 PM

You can only make that go away by repartitioning and reformatting your hard drive for a standard Mac OS Extended, Journaled filesystem. Apparently you formatted it to be case-sensitive. You should not have done that.

3 replies

Jun 16, 2012 2:11 PM in response to a.bacon2012

Repartitioning is going to wipe everything from the drive. So you need to have backups of your two existing partitions. You will need to make these backups to a backup drive that is not formatted with a case-sensitive filesystem. I suggest you use Carbon Copy Cloner 3.4.5 which should be able to backup from a case-sensitive filesystem to one that is not case-sensitive. The backup drive should be freshly formatted Mac OS Extended, Journaled.

When you repartition your old drive you can do so with as many partitions as you wish. Just be sure that you set the format to Mac OS Extended, Journaled. Do not use case-sensitive.

Case-Sensitive box appears when trying to install, how can I make it go away?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.