Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I build and present a timeline in Keynote for iPad?

iPad

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 12:43 PM

Yes.

The simplest time line starts with an arrow and you can add images and text (rotate to allow items to fit in smaller spaces) to your line - each object can be animated to build in and sequenced using the Tools Menu (wrench) > Transitions and Builds option. Tap Done when all the builds are set and Play to see what you've done.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2012 12:43 PM in response to Texgold

Yes.

The simplest time line starts with an arrow and you can add images and text (rotate to allow items to fit in smaller spaces) to your line - each object can be animated to build in and sequenced using the Tools Menu (wrench) > Transitions and Builds option. Tap Done when all the builds are set and Play to see what you've done.

Jun 24, 2012 8:15 PM in response to Texgold

Oops. Sorry, Texgold... The Apple Discussion area used to separate the iPad-specific users of the iWork apps from those on the Mac... since this was posted in what I thought was the dedicated Mac->Keyote forum, I assumed you had a Mac too 🙂

As for your question to BW, if I can contribute... you would essentially be creating your timeline by inserting individual lines in the various orientations (horizontal, vertical, etc.). Keynote will offer up guidelines to help you evenly space things and will "snap" objects to equal distances (check your preferences to ensure its enabled), but it's frankly a lot of work and a bit of a pain, depending on how large your timeline is going to be. You can take shortcuts by grouping various items and duplicating them for repetitive patterns.

A faster way may be to scan a ruler (or search the 'net for a public-domain image you can use) and use just the delineated edge, then you'd just have to add the text for days / years / whatever you're planning to do.

A nice place to ask for help and to share with other Keynote aficionados is the "Apple Keynote" Yahoo group (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/applekeynote/)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.