Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPv6 Settings - Automatic, Native. but Enable Sharing?

Configure IPv6: Automatic

IPv6 Mode: Native

But should I check or not "Enable IPv6 Connection Sharing"? Also what is and exactly does IPv6 Connection Sharing do is it sharing on my LAN, WAN, or is this just something between my Cable Modem and the Time Capsule?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 12:11 AM

Unless you need IPv6 for some reason, you should probably turn it off. Many users have found that since Worldwide IPv6 day web browsing has slowed to a crawl. It obviously isn't implemented world-wide at all yet and IPv4 will still be around for years to come. If and when you need it to access an IPv6 only site, you will have to make certain that your Cable Modem supports IPv6 and configure your Time Capsule for it, as well.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2012 12:11 AM in response to rgoldd

Unless you need IPv6 for some reason, you should probably turn it off. Many users have found that since Worldwide IPv6 day web browsing has slowed to a crawl. It obviously isn't implemented world-wide at all yet and IPv4 will still be around for years to come. If and when you need it to access an IPv6 only site, you will have to make certain that your Cable Modem supports IPv6 and configure your Time Capsule for it, as well.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.