6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2012 6:39 PM by Chris CA
HelliXSystems Level 1 (0 points)

Any comprehensive STEP-BY-STEP for uploading my ORIGINAL albums and singles to SELL over iTunes?

This are all original (C)All rights reserved music, and I want it to be available over iTunes to sell as tracks or full album.

Thanks!

Windows 7
  • Chris CA Level 9 (78,695 points)
  • HelliXSystems Level 1 (0 points)

But this are companies.
    I'm looking for a step by step guide to do it by my self.

Any ideas?

Thank!

• uselessSABOTAGE Level 4 (3,680 points)

I think I misread what you wanted to learn about.  I have edited my reponse to remove my off topic suggestion.

Message was edited by: uselessSABOTAGE

• HelliXSystems Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks any way.
    Did you know how I sell my own music over iTunes?

• Chris CA Level 9 (78,695 points)

HelliXSystems wrote:

But this are companies.

Yes, they will do everything needed to get your music into iTunes. It is far easier to do it this way.

Most simply charge a small flat rate (~$10 a song, $40 an album).

If you want to do it yourself, you will need to register with Apple.

You will need to have at least 20 albums in yoru catalog.

See this -> https://itunesconnect.apple.com/WebObjects/iTunesConnect.woa/wo/2.0.0.9.7.3.1.1

(emphasis mine)

The requirements to work directly with Apple are listed below. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you can work with an Apple-approved aggregator instead. Aggregators are third parties that can help you meet technical requirements, deliver and manage your content, and assist with marketing efforts.

Technical Requirements:

• A Mac running OS X 10.5.8 or later
    • At least 512 MB RAM
    • QuickTime 7.0.3 or later. This is so you can encode and deliver content using our dedicated software.
    • For optimal performance, use an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 or later. However, PowerPC G4 and G5 are also supported.
    • At least 20 GB of available hard drive space (more for larger catalogs) is recommended.
    • A broadband internet connection with an upload rate of 1 MB/sec or faster is recommended.
    • To deliver music video or concert film content to the iTunes Store, you must use an Apple-approved encoding house. Encoding houses typically charge fees for their services. Learn more about the differences between encoding houses and aggregators.

Content Requirements:

• At least 20 albums in your catalog
    • UPCs/EANs/JANs for all products you intend to distribute
    • ISRCs for all tracks you intend to distribute

Financial Requirements:

• A U.S. Tax ID
    • A valid iTunes Store account, with a credit card on file
    • Apple does not pay partners until they meet payment requirements and earning thresholds in each territory. (This means you will not get paid until you sell a certain minimum amount of content) You should consider this before applying to work directly with Apple as you may receive payments faster by working with an Apple-approved aggregator.

If you meet these requirements and wish to apply, click Continue.

Note: Meeting these requirements and submitting an application does not guarantee that Apple will work directly with you. You may still be referred to an Apple-approved aggregator.

Interested in working through a third party to sell content on the iTunes Store? Contact an Apple-approved aggregator.