Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro not installing lion

Hey guys,

I recently tried to wipe my HD and reinstall OSX Lion again to wipe my computer and start again. But now i am having difficulty installing Lion again as when i reset my MacBook Pro it comes up with the internet recovery and the option to reinstall OSX Lion. Once i click on that option it says its verifying the update with apple, then comes up with an error message saying an error occurred while preparing the installation please open application again. Or something along those lines this effectively leaves my computer unusable as i cannot do anything else with it. Can someone please help with this?

Thanks

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 9:02 PM

6 replies

Jun 16, 2012 10:11 PM in response to victoryhat

You said that you wiped the drive. Did you reformat the drive as Mac OS Extended (Journaled)? When you boot into recovery mode click on the disk utility option. choose the disk and then erase it; make sure you choose the mac os extended (journaled) format. after that you should verify the disk. if there are any problems you should repair the disk. Hope this helps.

MacBook Pro not installing lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.