Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes update - not working

I opened iTunes tonight and got a notification to update. I clicked ok to update and nothing happened. I tried to reopen iTunes and still nothing happened. I went to the iTunes site, got the downloaded and the install failed. I closed all my programs and tried to restart my MacBook pro (mid 2009 with new Samsung 1TB harddrive). The chime went off and I came to the default boot screen but instead of a normal boot I got a loading bar. Once the bar filled up all ingot was the apple logo and a spinning gear. After waiting a few minutes for my log in screen to show up, I held the power button down to start all over. Same process. Same result. Please can someone help me?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 9:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 12:02 AM

nevermind..

3 replies

Jun 17, 2012 8:50 PM in response to b noir

Yeah, I had gone to the apple site, got the downloader and went to install. The installation failed and then everything went down the pipe. I ended up having to do a repair disk by mounting my old HD. That seemed to do the trick. When it seemed like all was ok, I redownloaded the installer and ran it. It worked.

iTunes update - not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.