Skip navigation

MacBook Pro Retina display burn-in?

1280914 Views 9,424 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2014 9:01 PM by Raima328 RSS Branched to a new discussion.
  • Chris Yates1 Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 11:09 AM (in response to DomdiDom)

    DomdiDom wrote:

     

    I'm not being a hipocrite at all. I'm basing everything I'm writing on the facts of this past year that have been posted here. As far as messages posted here can be called factual. I choose to believe that most are true.

     

    Exactly you are basing on the threads over the last year. I'm basing my information on the thread over the last year and my experience with the machines.

     

     

    My reading isn't the issue, the issue is your honesty. You're misleading people for 1 of 3 reasons, you're a shill, an employee or your fanboysm is off the scale.

     

    Expect that sort of comment from a 5 year old. You clearly do have a reading problem because you wouldn't have stated that if you read my previous posts!

     

    DomdiDom wrote:

     

    You are posting based on what you know about one computer that you purchased and even then you don't know you won't see IR within days or months like the rest. Based on that one computer you want to suggest to potential buyers that something has been fixed. There is ZERO evidence that anything is fixed. When a few months from now, nobody says the new haswells don't have IR then I'll start to believe something might have changed.

     

    Yes I ignored your other 3 purchases but I shouldn't have as they help make my point. What has changed from then until now? Provide evidence. beyond your one haswell that is working AT THE MOMENT?

     

    Again go back and read my previous posts. I've already explained what has changed since then until now. It's not the Samsungs that have IR issues.

     

    I currently have more evidence than you. Provide your evidence.

  • Chris Yates1 Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 11:17 AM (in response to DomdiDom)

    DomdiDom wrote:

     

    Chris Yates1 wrote:

     

    I've heard lots about these IGZO displays and people are assuming that it will fix all the issues. Let's not forget the retina displays were new when they first came out and look at the problems they have had.

     

    Hopefully they will be fine but I wouldn't count your chickens on such a new technology.


     

    What? What issues? aren't you the guy suggesting to people Apple has gotten together with samsung and lg and fixed everything, without any evidence in this thread or any place else to support what you wrote?

     

    Make up your mind, is there a problem or not? here you suggest there is, and in another post you say it's all good.

     

    For the love of god, please read more carefully.

     

    As I have stated there are still issues with the Samsung displays (I have no idea about the LG models) but it is incredibly mild in comparison to the previous machines, others have stated the same.

     

    This isn't rocket science people, I'm here to give people my experience and to help others, quite frankly I couldn't give a sh** what happens with other people's purchases but I thought it would be decent of me to post my experience rather than just rant and complain without ever having owned a machine!

     

    I have never stated that Apple HAVE changed the displays, I said they may have spoken to LG and Samsung, why is that so hard to comprehend?

     

    Again based on the last couple of days posts, my THOUGHTS (not STATING here just for clarification AGAIN!) could be accurate. More accurate than those who immediately say absolutely nothing has changed on these displays because I said so!!

  • DomdiDom Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 11:22 AM (in response to Chris Yates1)

    I'm not the "5 year old" having a fit and felt he had to resort to insults because he's been called out on his misleading posts.

     

    Of course I'm posting based on this thread and based on this thread NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

     

    Any suggestion by you or anyone else that anything has changed, without evidence, is completely misleading. SJA2 changed nothing. Haswell changed nothing. So what has changed? NOTHING. Other than you seem to feel you find yourself in the unique position of having a computer that doesn't show any problems. Fantastic for you but the PROBLEM still exsists or EVERYONE who purchases computers from Oct 22  forward would have no problem and Apple wouldn't have blocked checking the screen as has been stated in this thread.

     

    If you weren't dishonest you would have simply stated you got a working computer (for the moemnt) and left it that. You on the other hand felt you had to mislead people with horse @!#$ about Apple having gotten together with samsung and lg etc. Get real. Stop misleading people. with your stories beyond you have one that works AT THE MOMENT.

     

     

    Chris Yates1 wrote:

     

    DomdiDom wrote:

     

    I'm not being a hipocrite at all. I'm basing everything I'm writing on the facts of this past year that have been posted here. As far as messages posted here can be called factual. I choose to believe that most are true.

     

    Exactly you are basing on the threads over the last year. I'm basing my information on the thread over the last year and my experience with the machines.

     

     

    My reading isn't the issue, the issue is your honesty. You're misleading people for 1 of 3 reasons, you're a shill, an employee or your fanboysm is off the scale.

     

    Expect that sort of comment from a 5 year old. You clearly do have a reading problem because you wouldn't have stated that if you read my previous posts!

     

    DomdiDom wrote:

     

    You are posting based on what you know about one computer that you purchased and even then you don't know you won't see IR within days or months like the rest. Based on that one computer you want to suggest to potential buyers that something has been fixed. There is ZERO evidence that anything is fixed. When a few months from now, nobody says the new haswells don't have IR then I'll start to believe something might have changed.

     

    Yes I ignored your other 3 purchases but I shouldn't have as they help make my point. What has changed from then until now? Provide evidence. beyond your one haswell that is working AT THE MOMENT?

     

    Again go back and read my previous posts. I've already explained what has changed since then until now. It's not the Samsungs that have IR issues.

     

    I currently have more evidence than you. Provide your evidence.

  • Chris Yates1 Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 11:42 AM (in response to DomdiDom)

    DomdiDom wrote:

     

    I'm not the "5 year old" having a fit and felt he had to resort to insults because he's been called out on his misleading posts.

     

    What misleading posts?

     

    Again I suggest you're a hypocrite. You clearly state you are basing it on this entire thread but have no evidence yourself to suggest otherwise. All you keep asking for is evidence, I clearly have some form of evidence in the fact I have owned the machines and explained my experiences of them, if you read my previous posts you'll see I have had 3 Haswell machines not just one. You quite clearly keep banging on about evidence yet you have none yourself!

     

    And you have the audacity to say I am writing misleading posts!

     

    DomdiDom wrote:

     

    If you weren't dishonest you would have simply stated you got a working computer (for the moemnt) and left it that. You on the other hand felt you had to mislead people with horse @!#$ about Apple having gotten together with samsung and lg etc. Get real. Stop misleading people. with your stories beyond you have one that works AT THE MOMENT.

     

     

    Again read the post, this is becoming tedious. I never said Apple definitely got together with Samsing and LG and just SUGGESTED they may have done.

     

    You're clearly just one of these haters who does nothing in life but complain even if things suggest otherwise.

     

    I really can't be bothered to discuss this with you any further, it's a waste of my time.

     

    If you can provide more evidence or a more sound based argument in the future perhaps we can chat again.

  • DomdiDom Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 11:58 AM (in response to Chris Yates1)

    You seem to want to keep ignoring what I'm saying. Ok by me. I suggest you check on the definition of hipocrite though as I've always been consistent. You on the other hand get a good computer and want to suggest to innocent unknowing potential buyers that everything might be good now. LOL

     

    You are trying to mislead people if you suggest anything has changed in this thread based on your one good experience.

     

    I don't need any evidence beyond this thread. What don't you understand? Let me say it again though. This thread is my evidence. Should I believe a thread with perhaps thousands of complaints or believe you? Everything is good with your machine so you think everything is good, got it.

     

    Lastly, unlike you, I'm not as careless with the word "hate" as fanatics more interesting in protecting "Apple's" reputation than being honest.

  • Chris Yates1 Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 12:07 PM (in response to DomdiDom)

    This is for the other readers of this thread.

     

    Unfortunately it would seem my experience is not of any use to others according to DomdiDom and he feels that his non existent evidence having never owned a rMBP is far better proof than that of myself who has now owned 4 rMBPs and had 2 screens replaced.

     

    Therefore I feel it best to not comment on the thread any longer.

  • DomdiDom Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 12:14 PM (in response to Chris Yates1)

    Oh no, please no. Please don't go. Please tell us another story about how Apple might have gotten together with Samsung and LG to fix the IR problem because you got a good machine and provide no evidence. LOL

     

    Now on cue, log in under another user name to attack me.

     

    Personally, I don't think you add anything other than dishonesty and misleading information.  So as someone who hasn't purchased yet and has been following this thread for over a year waiting for something convincing that would suggest the problem is solved, don't let the door hit you on the way out, you cloud the truth with your #$%.

  • Chris Yates1 Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 12:26 PM (in response to Chris Yates1)

    Actually scrap my last comment, I decided to take a look at all the other posts DomdiDom has posted it makes for an interesting read!

     

    It's obviously a troll...should have known better.

     

    Every single one of the posts are hate posts, how incredibly sad that someone has nothing better to do with their time. Can't believe I got involved with such childish behaviour.

  • DomdiDom Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 12:30 PM (in response to Chris Yates1)

    LOL, so predictable, grow up. I would have bet my left one that you weren't going anywhere. You can use words like hate and troll all you want but unlike you, I'm not dishonest or a shill.

     

    So, continue, tell us how all the IR problems with these new haswell computers are gone. Tell what exactly has been changed? No?

  • Chris Yates1 Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 12:33 PM (in response to DomdiDom)

    How's Windows?

  • DomdiDom Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 12:36 PM (in response to Chris Yates1)

    Windows 8 completely $@#% balls. Window 7 is pretty good but unfortunately you can't get a good/new computer with 7.

     

    How's employment at Apple? How much does Apple pay you to write in these forums?

  • Chris Yates1 Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 12:40 PM (in response to DomdiDom)

    How much does Microsoft pay you to troll?

  • DomdiDom Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 12:45 PM (in response to Chris Yates1)

    Do you deny that Apple sent you on to these forums to mislead people by suggesting the IR problem was fixed? Do you have evidence that you actually purchased any mbpr's or are the mbpr's issued to you so that you can run around the net misleading people into thinking they have  a problem and not the computers?

     

    Are you the one telling people they're looking at the screen incorrectly? Are you the one a couple of years ago telling people they were holding their phone wrong?

  • Chris Yates1 Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 12:48 PM (in response to DomdiDom)

    I've never once suggested the IR issues have been fixed, you're proving time and time again with your posts that you haven't read mine.

  • conorfromvictoria Level 1 Level 1 (95 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 27, 2013 1:05 AM (in response to Chris Yates1)

    Actually newer screens are in production at both LG and Samsung right now display facilities.  Lots of research by both companies trying to determine how they can make Retina screens more durable. It takes a great deal of testing.

     

    -- In response to Mr.Yates1, I can confirm that Apple has met with both LG and Samsung reps over this issue as both companies have had major production issues with the their 1st and 2nd gen rMBP screens.

     

    Anyways.

     

    More later.

Actions

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (165)

Legend

  • This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.