5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2013 11:49 PM by ChroMacintosh
ttt1 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

imac keeps searching for network?

iMac
  • BDAqua Level 10 Level 10 (119,670 points)

Sounds bad, but...

Instead of joining your network from the list, click the WiFi icon at the top, and click join other network. Fill in everything as needed.

What happens?

Did you reset your Router or Modem?

• deanfromsd Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

tt1,

Did BDAqua's advice work? I'm having the same issue. Brand new Imac right out of the box for two days now. I recall my son having the same issue with his new Imac.

I don't think its a wifi issue as my macbook connects with no problem whatsoever.

Dean

• ChroMacintosh Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Turn your Bluetooth off, then try. If that doesn't work, delete your wifi network from your preferences, and add it back in. Then reboot your mac and tell me if it works!

• mtnbeach Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am having the same problem - iMac keeps searching for Wifi and cannot find the router ( or get DHCP #s even when refreshing).  I brought it in to Apple Genuis bar & they fixed it temporarily as follows: 

- throwing out "System Config" folder in Library Prefs, rebooting; 

- creating a new "Automatic 1" in Network Config ; then deleting the old "Automatic" and renaming the newer "Automatic 1" as "Automatic"

- readding your network name & password in Network Config. 

Now I'm back to square one.  It's not the network - b/c my Airport bridge works; and the router works with all other devices.

Can anyone help?  This is very frustrating. 

(P.S. - Also tried suggestions above, without success).  Thx in advance.

• ChroMacintosh Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Just after replying to this post, I had the exact same problem. I am very frustated, as whenever I turn on my computer, I want to go on the internet!