Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi my iPhone 4 got wet , will apple replace it at a discounted price in ireland? If so where do I take it to be replaced or repaired?

Hi All ,

My phone got wet not dropped in water but left out in the rain. Now it will only power up if connected to the wall charger and then i can enter my unlock code .After this it says Activation Required , connect to itunes. It says 100% battery but no service .When I remove the usb lead from the wall socket to connect to my pc the phone dies.Then when i connect it to the computer the apple comes up on my iphone and nothing else just the apple then blank then the apple then blank in a continuous loop.itunes doesnt start when i connect the iphone to my pc and it doesnt show as connected in itunes either. The sim in the phone is also damaged as when i removed it to put in another phone it didn't work or wasnt recognised. When I brought it in out of the rain the speakers were making a crackling noise but they have stopped this now .Also the camera lenses were a little clouded with moisture but they have since cleared .

What to do ? Apple dont cover water damage (the phone is only 8 months old) so do I have to buy a new Iphone at full price or will they like in the states replace it at a discounted price. If they will replace it will I be able to get a 32gb as they only sell Iphone 4, 8gb now in the apple store

All help appreciated.

BB.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 7:40 AM

You can probably get an out of warranty replacement from Apple. I think it's between £149 - £199 for an out of warranty replacement at an Apple Store.

11 replies

Jun 17, 2012 8:01 AM in response to bbsrs

"

Out-of-Warranty Service

If you own an iPhone that is ineligible for warranty service but is eligible for Out-of-Warranty (OOW) Service, Apple will service your iPhone for the Out-of-Warranty Service Fee listed below.

iPhone Model Out-of-Warranty Service
iPhone 4S €211.30
iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS,
iPhone 3G, Original iPhone
€161.30

The Out-of-Warranty Service Fee includes a €12.30 shipping fee. The included shipping fee applies only if you arrange service online or by calling Apple Technical Support. All fees are in euros and include VAT.
iPhone Out-of-Warranty Service may also be available from your wireless carrier. Pricing may vary."

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_States&product=ipho ne

Hi my iPhone 4 got wet , will apple replace it at a discounted price in ireland? If so where do I take it to be replaced or repaired?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.