Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you uninstall itunes off a mac?

How do you uninstall itunes from a mac

mac, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 7:27 AM

8 replies

Jul 5, 2017 4:50 PM in response to philverb

...Five years later...

See this guide to uninstall iTunes from a Mac: http://www.inforaid.com/how-to-uninstall-itunes-from-mac-os-x-best-method/

Assuming you want to reinstall iTunes try one of these recent builds direct from Apple's secure servers:

See also Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash for steps to roll back to the pre upgrade version of your iTunes database if required.

tt2

Apr 30, 2015 12:01 PM in response to tonven

• Open Finder >> Applications >> Utilities >> Terminal
  • Now in Terminal type “ cd /Applications/” this will navigate you to Applications Directory
  • Now type “ sudo rm –rf iTunes.app/” this will delete iTunes from Mac OS X
  • Now you will be prompted to provide “Administrator Password”, Enter the same and confirm to remove iTunes from Mac OS X.

Jul 22, 2015 6:00 AM in response to Chris CA

I'm not sure why the original poster wanted to remove iTunes, but I have the same request.

My reason is I have Outlook 2016, and I want to be able to sync my contacts and calendar. Apparently this is no longer possible with the latest version of iTunes. So, I'm thinking if I uninstall iTunes, then reinstall the previous version, I will then be able to sync both.

Am I correct with that thought process? Are there any other easier methods to do so?

And why doesn't the new OS X have Sync Services? Maybe that is more the issue...

how do you uninstall itunes off a mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.