Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume is so low on ATV movies!! Ideas?

Everytime we get a movie via ATV, we have to put our volume to 100 on both controls and we can barely hear it then, too! Comcast, Netflix are fine ~ we don't have to go past 30, if that!

Thoughts?

We have a simple hookup...ATV is hooked up right to our TV...

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 5:19 AM

I have had the same issue with Netflix, Hulu, Plex etc., only Channels worked fine on Apple TV 4 for months.

But I accidentally solved it yesterday, by using Siri to do a search while I was watching Netflix.

It seems like Siri search triggered something that took care of the problem.

I hope the same will do the trick for you too.

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2017 5:19 AM in response to SweetPoison54

I have had the same issue with Netflix, Hulu, Plex etc., only Channels worked fine on Apple TV 4 for months.

But I accidentally solved it yesterday, by using Siri to do a search while I was watching Netflix.

It seems like Siri search triggered something that took care of the problem.

I hope the same will do the trick for you too.

Oct 27, 2017 2:00 AM in response to theangryone

No way ... that Siri trick fixed it for my Apple TV 4 also. What the ... ???!!!

I was not expecting that to do anything, but it worked. We've had to crank the volume on my ONKYO Receiver when using Plex on the Apple TV. We have other devices through the same receiver and they all sounded fine.

Thanks for that tip about Siri. Whatever it does, it fixed mine too.

Dec 8, 2017 10:32 PM in response to SweetPoison54

Mine was doing the exact same thing. Had to turn it all the way up to 100 to get the same volume as I normally would at 30. I tried to make all kinds of adjustments, nothing worked until... I went into Settings/System (then of all things)/Reset. Volume was back to normal. Extremely loud at 30 and unbareable at 100. Not sure how often we’ll have to do this, but the reset is very quick.

Jul 3, 2013 10:16 AM in response to SweetPoison54

the only thing you can do to help this issue is use the volume adjustment on the downloaded files. i've tried everything and that's the only thing that seems to help at all.

get info>options>volume adjusment

apple doesn't use the max audio bitrate (165kbps) in their movies which makes the audio sound a little muffled and compressed. raising the volume adjustment up on the file in itunes will help a little.

turning off dolby digital may help at the expense of losing any actual or virtual surround sound coming through your home theater speakers, sound bar or tv speakers. not a great fix imo but may work for your set up. if you love movies you are really missing out if you don't have a surround sound system!

Volume is so low on ATV movies!! Ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.