Skip navigation

Apple Removed Transition in iMovie 11

843 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2012 3:11 PM by Isleander RSS
scottfromfpo Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 17, 2012 9:04 AM

This may help some that are out there.  I've been told by Apple Care that Apple has removed the "Ripple" transition style with the latest update (9.0.6) in iMovie 11.  I have no idea why and I provided feedback to Apple.  The problem is if you are working with any projects that use the Ripple transition, that transition will no long work in the projects.  You have to replace it with another style of transition.  If anyone has a solution or other info on how to keep this transition, please let me know.  I guess I could try to go back to the previous version...if that is even possible.  Any thoughts on how to do that?

iMovie '11, Mac OS X (10.7.4)
  • Interceptor121 Level 2 Level 2 (185 points)
    Jun 17, 2012 11:43 AM (in response to scottfromfpo)

I am devastated by this the ripple was the most useful for my underwater video

Apple what is the matter with you guys at least you should do some release notes!!!

• Matthew Morgan Level 7 Level 7 (22,420 points)
    Jun 17, 2012 2:14 PM (in response to Interceptor121)

Interceptor121 wrote:

Apple what is the matter with you guys at least you should do some release notes!!!

You're not really talking to Apple here.

Best to post your feedback here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/imovie.html

Probably not the solution you're looking for, but the Ripple transistion is alive and well in Final Cut Pro X.

Matt

• Matthew Morgan Level 7 Level 7 (22,420 points)
    Jun 18, 2012 3:20 PM (in response to scottfromfpo)

Great solution.

I'm glad you found it.

Matt

• brendon.flanagan Calculating status...
    Jun 29, 2012 5:05 AM (in response to scottfromfpo)

*** why the **** was the ripple transition removed and left with a blank widget in the transition pane.

Thanks allot apple, you just about stuffed up all my projects.

Lucky I had iLife 11 instaler that I could simply reinstall and update back to 9.0.4

Btw rename 9.0.6 first or delete it.

• VanCanMan Calculating status...
    Jul 23, 2012 11:10 AM (in response to scottfromfpo)

So I have hundreds of hours of short clips that I use as my own stock footage. Virtually all of them use the Ripple transition at least once and most multiple times. I now have to re-edit everything. I have Final Cut Pro X but use iMovie for the simple stuff as it's quick and easy and frankly, why do I need to use a complex program like FCP X when the simpler one will do it in 10% of the time.

I am a very unhappy customer and regardless of whether or not I can recover from Time Machine is irrelevant.

Apple made an error and they should fix it. As far as I can tell the only thing they changed was to remove the Ripple effect - 9.0.6 didn't ADD anything.

Very poor performance Apple. It is unwise to screw your customers like this.

• Isleander Calculating status...
    Jul 23, 2012 3:11 PM (in response to VanCanMan)

Please tell Apple by going to www.apple.com/feedback and scroll down to the iMovie icon to leave your request to hae the transition reinstated.
    The more people who request this the greater the change of getting it back in the next update.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.