Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't download Ikea 3D kitchen planner. It's really frustrating - a message is appearing on my mac book pro that I ned to get info and check that various files are unlocked. I've checked that all other requirements are fulfilled, still won't download

I can't download Ikea 3D kitchen planner. It's really frustrating - a message is appearing on my mac book pro that I ned to get info and check that various files are unlocked. I've checked that all other requirements are fulfilled, still won't download. Any help very gratefully received. Thank you.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 8:54 AM

9 replies

Jun 17, 2012 5:27 PM in response to MAL5361

My error. The 3D planner is compatible with 10.6.8 and 10.7.1 per Ikea. However, it would appear that it is a plugin that works with a browser and not a stand alone application.

"For installing the Mac plug-in follow the instructions on the screen.

Here with some additional info:

1. Download (save) the disk image file 2020PluginInstaller.dmg

2. Mount the disk image (open/run the downloaded file) if not mounted automatically

3. Find the 2020PluginInstaller window (might be behind the window on top)

4. Drag the lego piece to the folder (if you do not have admin privileges you will be prompted to authenticate)

5. Restart the browser (it is not enough to close the browser window, you need to restart the browser application)

6. Access the same link and you will now see the Start button and be able to start planning your room!"

Sep 1, 2013 3:41 PM in response to sig

Hi, I'm not really very good with computers and am having the same problems when trying to install the Ikea 3D kitchen planner, please could you take me through the steps?

1. Download (save) the disk image file 2020PluginInstaller.dmg

I double click on the link which says "Install 3D Planner"

I agree to the t&cs

A file downloads to my download folder called 2020PluginInstaller_IKEA.dmg

2. Mount the disk image (open/run the downloaded file) if not mounted automatically

I double click on the downloaded file

3. Find the 2020PluginInstaller window (might be behind the window on top)

A small window opens up with a lego brick called 2020PluginInstaller_IKEA.dmg and a folder called Internet plug ins. I highlight the lego brick and do File, Get info and unlock it

4. Drag the lego piece to the folder (if you do not have admin privileges you will be prompted to authenticate)

I do this and put in a password to authenticate

5. Restart the browser (it is not enough to close the browser window, you need to restart the browser

application)

I've tried restarting Safari, I've tried re-starting the computer

6. Access the same link and you will now see the Start button and be able to start planning your room!"

When I go back to the IKEA kitchen planner I don't see a start button, I just see the exact same screen as before prompting me to install the 3D planner

Please can you help?

I can't download Ikea 3D kitchen planner. It's really frustrating - a message is appearing on my mac book pro that I ned to get info and check that various files are unlocked. I've checked that all other requirements are fulfilled, still won't download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.