Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Safari log Private Browsing toggling?

I have grounded my 14 year old son from gaming/surfing but he needs to use his MBA for a summer school course he is taking. I have had him clear his History in Safari and will be reviewing it regularly but if he toggles Private Browsing it won't show in the History. Is there a way to see if PB has been toggled in a log somewhere or can I disable the PB feature?

Thanks in advance for your help.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.66GHZ 128 GBSSD 6GB RAM 2TB EXTHD

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 1:30 PM

Have you considered using the Parental Controls preferences? Look in System Preferences - Parental Controls

5 replies

Jun 17, 2012 1:39 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Yes that will be my last resort as I would have to create an administrator account for me then change his account to a user, etc. I was just looking for an easy way to make him take responsibility for his actions but not take it to where he has to ask for every move he makes on the computer. It would disable several places he needs to go to complete his assignments and after he got my permission to use those avenues he could cheat anyway.

Does Safari log Private Browsing toggling?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.