Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do downloads stop when only the screen is set to sleep?

I've got an iMac Intel, about 2 years old running OSX Lion (10.7.4). In "Energy Saver" settings, I have the display set to sleep after 10 minutes of idle time, the computer itself is set to NEVER.

However, when downloading movies or videos from iTunes the download stops when the display goes to sleep. That doesn't make any sense to me if only the display is set to sleep. Is the only solution to turn off the sleep for the display?

Thank you.

iTunes-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 2:18 PM

3 replies

Jun 17, 2012 4:42 PM in response to Wendell_WoW

I am thinking, yes, before downloading, or the second try, set the screen to sleep never, and see what happens.

My power book has two battery settings- battery power sleep settings and plugged in settings.

IT totally ignores the fact the wire is plugged in and screen sleeps in 90 seconds if I am not touching something.

ACK!! But, well, longer battery time is better than not needing to log in ever two moments...

why do downloads stop when only the screen is set to sleep?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.