Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual Monitor connectivity on a Mac Mini

Hi,

I currently have the Mac Mini 2011, using the HDMI port with a converter provided when purchasing the Mac Mini, converting to DVI so it's compatible with my Monitor.

I was wondering if it is possible to use the spare Thunderbolt port on the back of the Mac Mini, to have another Monitor thus creating Dual-Monitors. I would want to do this with a Thunderbolt to VGA converter.

Thanks in advance to any response,

Dominic

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Mac Mini 2.3Ghz Dual Core i5

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies

Jun 17, 2012 3:17 PM in response to DomB2012

The Mac Mini 2011 supports two monitors, just like the 2011 MacBook Pro 13 and MacBook Air that are very similar hardware wise. Think of the HDMI port as equivalent to the laptop's internal screen. The 2011 Mini supports up to two screens, either one on HDMI and one on Thunderbolt (in Thunderbolt, mini Displayport, DVI-single-link, or VGA mode), or two daisychained Thunderbolt Displays, but then you can't use the HDMI port.

http://www.apple.com/macmini/specs.html

"Support for dual display and video mirroring"

Dual Monitor connectivity on a Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.