Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have purchased a Epson Workforce 435, can't AirPrint, will this work with the first gen iPad?

I have purchased a Epson Workforce 435, can't AirPrint, will this work with the first gen iPad?

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, AirPrint help?

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 2:52 PM

9 replies

Dec 12, 2012 10:19 PM in response to SA-ipad-01

Also i forgot to add after a night of searching how to turn the Epson Workforce 435 printer into Airprint friendly and not iPrint (which are 2 completely different things) i donwloaded a program called (AirPrint Activator) from HandyPrint. The link is below to download the software. Once i installed the application i set my printer to be shared over my Home Network (Wi-Fi Network). Once you have done that, open the AirPrint Activator application you have just downloaded, swtich it ON from OFF mode, and then you should easily see your printer name in my case EPSON Workforce 435 and then just close the application. Then go to your IOS Device like your iphone/ipad/ipod touch select a picture that you want to test print or even an attached PDF from your email, and select Print in the share button. You will then be prompted to select your printer. Your printer you automatically be recongised then just select print. And now you have a complete AirPrint ready printer with a Printer that doesnt even support the function. Im sure you can do this to all Wireless Printers, even if they came out before Apple AirPrint service launch.

And also if you still need guidance and a video to follow from just click the Youtube link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r75m_VUr0E

Download AirPrint Activator Link

http://netputing.com/handyprint/

I hope that this helps your question and enjoy your day

Kind Regards

Ahmed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.