Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have songs that I purchased that I cannot open

I have purchased songs on Itunes that I cannot open in my Itunes. It says it cannot locate original file. Does anyone know how to fix this?

MacBook, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 3:47 PM

2 replies

Nov 30, 2015 1:44 PM in response to Winston Churchill

i did this and now I can't find the album I purchased from iTunes in my purchased list at all. This is the most frustrating experience. Not one of the suggested processes work. My get info file locations says: file://localhost/C:/Users/DaraD/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Janet Jackson/Unbreakable/03 Dammn Baby.m4a but I have no idea how to find file:// localhost/C:/ Not only that but in the purchased window in iTunes, there is no way to download the songs again.....I can see SOME of them, but I can't download

I have songs that I purchased that I cannot open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.