Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

system bootstrapper crashed

My computer stops booting at the spinning wheel. Originally I reinstalled Lion. Same issue. I thought maybe a bad HDD. I installed a new hard drive and installed Lion with a new user account. The computer worked fine. I installed all the updates. I rebooted several times just to make sure it was working. It passed all diagnostics tests. Then I migrated all the data. Now it won't boot up past the spinning wheel again (which was my original problem), no matter what. I cannot even get in using safe boot. I tried reinstalling Lion and I still have the same issues. I tried PRAM reset also. Still will not complete boot.

In verbose mode, I get the following for the last 5 lines:

com.apple.launchd 1 com.apple.launchctl.System2 The System Bootstrapper has craqse: Trace/BPT trap: 5

[IOBluetoothHCIController::setupConfigState] calling registerService

CRUSBBluetoothHCIController::setupHardware super returned 0

AppleYukon2: Marvell Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8055 Singleport Copper SA

AppleYukon2: RxRingSize <= 1024, TxRingSize 256, RX_MAX_LE 1024, TX_MAX_LE 768, ST_MAX_LE 3320

I tried booting from the recovery partition and reinstalling Lion. That didn't help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook, iMac, MacBook Air, iPhone, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 7:49 PM

There are no replies.

system bootstrapper crashed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.