Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

additional content missing

FCPX would not launch for some reason. Tried a few things with no success. So, I decided to trash it entirely and do a fresh install. This seemed to work because it actually launched completely without freezing. However, all the additional content is missing. And when I try to do a software update to download the additional content, it says my software is up to date and does not recognize that its missing. Also, all the preview icons for transitions and filters are all missing.

What should I do? Did I not fully uninstall FCPX when putting it in the trash? How can I get the additional content back in there?

thanks.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 8:01 PM

8 replies

Jun 18, 2012 12:21 AM in response to macambassador

Trash the preferences with this free app for a start.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

Shut down FCP X, open PreferenceManager and this window will be revealed:-

User uploaded file

1. Ensure that only FCP X is selected.

2. Click Trash

The job is done instantly and you can re-open FCP X.

There is absolutely no danger in trashing preferences and you can do it as often as you like.

The preferences are kept separately from FCP X and if there aren't any when FCP X opens it automatically creates new ones . . . instantly.

Aug 11, 2012 1:31 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

I was contacted by an Apple tech on this issue. I haven't had the time to troubleshoot the problem to get this fixed. But I do want to resolve this. The Apple Tech (who's email I can't find, so if you're reading this, I would like to pick up where we left off) recommended I install FCPX under another user, and that did seem to reslove the issue. FCPX launched fine and all the additional content was there.

Today, I followed these instructions for uninstalling FCPX and reinstalling, but FCPX is freezing on me and video filters are missing, I still don't have transition preview icons or any of the "additional" content that is supposed to come with FCPX. I used to be able to see sound FX and music beds for Final Cut Pro, iLife, etc. and none of that is showing up still.

Would really like to get this fixed. Any help is appreciated.

additional content missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.