Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Decryption of Encrypted hfs+ using Lion OS X

How to Decrypt coreStorage (Encrypted hfs+ using Lion OS X) file system. because i forgot my encrypted drive(hfs+ encrypted) password or how to change password of this drive. please help me regarding this file system as soon as possible.

Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 4:22 AM

1 reply

Jun 18, 2012 8:14 PM in response to tarunchauhan

I'm afraid you're out of luck. The whole purpose of encryption is so it can be accessed only by someone with the password.

Is this your OSX drive? If so, did you record the Recovery Key? And/or register it with Apple? If you did, follow the procedures in OS X Lion: About FileVault 2.

Note this in the Additional Information section:

"Please take note that the encryption used in FileVault 2 will make accessing data on your encrypted drive impossible without the permitted user accounts' passwords or the recovery key. When you choose to turn on FileVault, you will no longer be able to auto-login. Take great care in choosing an account password that you feel is both secure and easy for you to remember. When enabling FileVault, carefully write it down or be certain to make a copy of exactly what is shown and store it outside of your encrypted disk. If choosing to store your recovery key with Apple, take great care in choosing your questions and providing answers you can, if needed, clearly convey to an AppleCare phone support advisor." (emphasis added)

Decryption of Encrypted hfs+ using Lion OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.