Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does apple not support Proxy's

I work in education! we are desperately trying to get apples latest tech to work unfortunately Apple does not support proxy's how small minded is this. we have just purchased Apple TV to show presentations through an iPad. but because Apple needs a direct connection to the Internet we cannot use this.

Question 1. Why can i not just show a presentation through my IPad to my Apple TV.

Question 2, How dare Apple plug educational use when they don't even configure its IOS for proxy use

Question 3. Why must i have an Internet connection to use Apple TV

At least Microsoft products work!!!!!!!!!

AppleTV 2

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 5:00 AM

3 replies

Jun 18, 2012 5:20 AM in response to DaveCoop

Welcome to the Apple community.

You don't need an Internet connection in order to display a presentation from an iPad on an Apple TV. I have no idea where you have got this information from.

The reason you and cannot work through a proxy with an Internet connection, is to stop movies rented or purchased from the iTunes store being watched on a whole bunch of Apple TVs

Why does apple not support Proxy's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.