Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal search cannot find events synched from iPhone

Using Macbook Pro OS 10.6.8, iPhone 4s 5.1.1.

Problem: events entered to iCal on iPhone will synch to iCal on MPB via iTunes, but do not turn up in search window of iCal on MPB.

I have checked that they have sucessfully transferred from phone to MPB, and I have checked that they turn up in search of iPhone. This applies to events both in the past and in the future - if they originated on the iPhone they do not show up in a search on the MPB.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iCal 4.0.4, iPhone 4S

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 5:47 AM

5 replies

Aug 17, 2012 10:03 AM in response to Patrick Kinsella

Hi Patrick,

I was searching Apple Communities to find an answer to a question I have related to iCal searching and found your post. My mother is a Kinsella (from County Cork in Ireland). I don't come across this name very often so I wondered if we were related. My grandmother was Mona Kinsella, her father was James Kinsella, and his father was John Kinsella. Most of them are buried in Arklow. We have a long-standing debate now as to whether the name is pronounced KIN-sella or kin-SELLA (where the stress/accent is is the thing in debate). Anyway, hope you get your question answered.

Allison

Jan 29, 2013 4:14 PM in response to Patrick Kinsella

I have a similar problem, but the other way round: events generated on MBP and synced on iPhone can be searched on iPhone but I cannot find on MBP. Of course the syncing is perfect and the events are where they have to be on both devices, but I cannot find them (using the find window in iCal on MBP).

Did you ever find an answer?

Bye

Alberto

MBP with 10.5.8 and iPhone4S with iOS 5.x

iCal search cannot find events synched from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.