Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi I'm looking for a thunderbolt extension cable so I can hook up my 27" LED THURDERBOLT APPLE DISPLAY SCREEN.

Hi I'm looking for a thunderbolt extension cable so I can hook up my 27" LED THURDERBOLT APPLE DISPLAY SCREEN.

27" LED THURDERBOLT apple display -OTHER, Other OS

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 8:47 AM

2 replies

Sep 1, 2012 7:13 AM in response to Johnj5642

Extension cables for Thunderbolt don't yet exist, but Apple has recently released a Thunderbolt cable that is 2M or 6.5 feet long. I just connected my 27" Thunderbolt display to my iMac, which sit about 4-feet apart from each other, and it works perfectly. You just don't use the Thunderbolt connection cable that is attached to the display - plug the display's power cable in, and use the 6.5-foot Thunderbolt cable to connect the display to the computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.