Skip navigation

MacBook Air 13 (2012) 1.8 or 2.0 GHz

4088 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 18, 2012 10:23 AM by Ralph Landry1 RSS
Rampage123 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 18, 2012 10:15 AM

MacBook Air 13 (2012) 1.8 or 2.0GHz

1. Does the upgrade in CPU have a difference in performance?

2. Does the CPU run hotter on the i7 2.0GHz?

3. Does Starcraft 2 run playable on the 1.8 or 2.0?

4. How are the resale value on MacBooks?

Thank you in advance!

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.4), My first Mac!
  • Ralph Landry1 Level 7 Level 7 (28,695 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 18, 2012 10:23 AM (in response to Rampage123)

The i7 cpu will show an improvement in performance over the i5 cpu not only due to the increased speed but also the improved technology of the cpu.  In addition to the design of the chip and the speed, the i7 has 4 MB of onboard cache vs 3 MB for the i5.  Turbo boost, overclocking, is significantly greater on the i7.

If the i7 runs hotter than the i5 is not important as the cooling system, the fan, has been designed to keep the chip in a safe operating temperature range.

Resale value of Macs depends a lot on the condition of the Mac...keep it pristine and working well and the value will stay high...a quick look at sources like eBay will show new vs used prices and what one can expect.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.