Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 13 (2012) 1.8 or 2.0 GHz

MacBook Air 13 (2012) 1.8 or 2.0GHz

1. Does the upgrade in CPU have a difference in performance?

2. Does the CPU run hotter on the i7 2.0GHz?

3. Does Starcraft 2 run playable on the 1.8 or 2.0?

4. How are the resale value on MacBooks?

Thank you in advance!

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.4), My first Mac!

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 10:23 AM

The i7 cpu will show an improvement in performance over the i5 cpu not only due to the increased speed but also the improved technology of the cpu. In addition to the design of the chip and the speed, the i7 has 4 MB of onboard cache vs 3 MB for the i5. Turbo boost, overclocking, is significantly greater on the i7.

If the i7 runs hotter than the i5 is not important as the cooling system, the fan, has been designed to keep the chip in a safe operating temperature range.

Resale value of Macs depends a lot on the condition of the Mac...keep it pristine and working well and the value will stay high...a quick look at sources like eBay will show new vs used prices and what one can expect.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2012 10:23 AM in response to Rampage123

The i7 cpu will show an improvement in performance over the i5 cpu not only due to the increased speed but also the improved technology of the cpu. In addition to the design of the chip and the speed, the i7 has 4 MB of onboard cache vs 3 MB for the i5. Turbo boost, overclocking, is significantly greater on the i7.

If the i7 runs hotter than the i5 is not important as the cooling system, the fan, has been designed to keep the chip in a safe operating temperature range.

Resale value of Macs depends a lot on the condition of the Mac...keep it pristine and working well and the value will stay high...a quick look at sources like eBay will show new vs used prices and what one can expect.

MacBook Air 13 (2012) 1.8 or 2.0 GHz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.